cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C9500 Stackwise-Virtual

mrshabbs
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue bring up certain interfaces on a C9500-48Y4C. The C9500 is a 2 switch stack and Stackwise virtual is configured.
The interfaces that I am having issues with are on switch 2 of the C9500 chassis (Twe2/0/31 & Twe2/0/33) and are connected via copper to a FW. The c9500 interfaces  are configured as access ports with spanning-tree portfast edge. The FW ports are in 'auto' which means they should be in an 'up' state if an active device is connected, however the FW ports are in a 'down' state. If I move the connections from (Twe2/0/31 & Twe2/0/32) to (Twe1/0/31 & Twe1/0/32) the interfaces on the C9500 and FW transition to connected/up. Does this suggest spanning tree is preventing the ports (Twe2/0/31 & Twe2/0/32) from transitioning to a connected state? I cannot see anything in the logs related to stp as the ports on the 2nd switch remain in a notconnect state.

Any help/suggestions appreciated!! Thanks

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check logs and or logs related to networking on the FW too , when all of this is attempted , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Nothing in the logs on the 9500 or the FW - the ports do not attempt to transition. Cables are ok as the same cables are used when moving to ports on switch 1. Shut/unshut of the ports does not help in changing port state.

- What is the purpose of these links to the FW ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

We have a v-wire connection (Transparent connection) from the core switch (Twe2/0/31) to the FW and back to the core switch (Twe2/0/32). The Twe2/0/31 is the inside connection to the FW, Twe2/0/32 is the outside connection from the FW. Switch 2 ports are the passive FW connections. We have the same v-wire connectivity between core switch 1 and the active FW  on Twe1/0/31 and Twe1/0/32, these ports are in an active state. When the FW is failed over to the passive FW the ports on Twe2/0/31 & Twe2/0/32 should transition to up. This may be an issue with the FW config however I want to rule out any issue caused by the virtual chassis 9500.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card