cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C9606R - Upgrading to Supervisor 2 cards from Supervisor 1 cards.

757VA
Level 1
Level 1

We are planning our C9606R switch supervisor 1 to supervisor 2 line card swap. I have conversed with TAC and I have read the Cisco Procedures on how to perform this task. But I have a question for anyone who may have done this before. Can this be done "hot"? what I'm asking is can we take out 1 of the Sup 1 cards, install a Sup 2 card, get it configured, roll the switch over the Sup 2 card and then remove the remaining Sup 1 card, install the last Sup 2 card, and go from there. I asked TAC this question and they said that is not a Cisco recommended path, so my boss pushed the question up the chain to find out if anyone At Cisco has actually labbed this particular scenario up and if they were successful at Cisco Labs. 

also if anyone has any advice on this evolution that could come in handy, some best practices or "oolies" please do share. 

Thank you in advance.

2 Replies 2

Hi @757VA 

If you talked to TAC and they said this is not the recommended path, you follow their recommendation because it you get in deep troube during the supervisor change is going to be the TAC you are going to call and no one here will help you.

We know TAC guys does not know everything, just like anyone else , but they represent the vendor unlike anyone here.

Flavio,

thanks for the input. as of this post we have heard nothing from further up the TAC chain. We are planning to stay the course and follow the Cisco recommendations. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card