cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can a VRF be a span source in Nexus9000 C93180YC-FX?

lkermode
Level 1
Level 1

Can a VRF be a span source in Nexus9000 C93180YC-FX?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello @lkermode ,

a VRF is a routing table and is not a possible option as span source as noted by @Reza Sharifi you need to create a monitor session and to specify each source interface one by one in a list comma separated.

Be aware that if the number of source interfaces is high traffic can be dropped out of monitor destination port.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @lkermode,

you cannot directly span an "entire" VRF instance on your Nexus 93180YC-FX.

However, you could span the interfaces or VLANs attached to the VRF. This way, you can capture the traffic associated with that VRF !

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

lkermode
Level 1
Level 1

We have two N9K routers on which several WAN circuits are terminated. We want to span all of these interfaces and send the flow to a Riverbed AppResponse. All of the interfaces are in a vrf wan and I am trying to get the flow from all the interfaces. 

It appears that the choices are:

ethernet Ethernet IEEE 802.3z
port-channel Port Channel interface
sup-eth Ethernet Inband interface

So, I don't see an option to use a vrf.

HTH

Hello @lkermode ,

a VRF is a routing table and is not a possible option as span source as noted by @Reza Sharifi you need to create a monitor session and to specify each source interface one by one in a list comma separated.

Be aware that if the number of source interfaces is high traffic can be dropped out of monitor destination port.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thanks for the reply and confirming my understanding.

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @lkermode,

you cannot directly span an "entire" VRF instance on your Nexus 93180YC-FX.

However, you could span the interfaces or VLANs attached to the VRF. This way, you can capture the traffic associated with that VRF !

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card