cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I configure a DNS server on 3850

cephasahiaku
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to know if its Possible to Configure a DNS Server on a 3850 . I run IOS-XE

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello

@cephasahiaku wrote:

I would like to know if its Possible to Configure a DNS Server on a 3850 . I run IOS-XE

But why would you want to, Personally If you need local DNS services then suggest to use a server designated for it and not a switch or rtr.

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

educruz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good day,

You could configure DNS in a Cat3850, per the below information:

System Management Configuration Guide, Cisco IOS XE Release 3SE (Catalyst 3850 Switches)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3850/software/release/3se/system_management/configuration_guide/b_sm_3se_3850_cg/b_sm_3se_3850_cg_chapter_010.html#ID475

Hope this helps.

Eduardo.

Hello

@cephasahiaku wrote:

But why would you want to, Personally If you need local DNS services then suggest to use a server designated for it and not a switch or rtr.

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card