cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I configured two LAGs from 5508 controller to two different switches?

Michael Murray
Level 2
Level 2

I have a 5508 WLC with a two port LAG going to n5k switch. I want to add a 6-port LAG to a different switch (3750E) for redundancy. Can I do that or does the LAG need to be on the same switch?

Thanks,

-mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Mike,

The only restriction with respect link aggregation is that all physical links associated with a single LAG must go to the same switch. In the case of Nexus 5K this can also be "pair" forming a vPC domain, or for the Catalyst 3750, switches that are part of the same stack.

If you have two LAGs you can connect the links in LAG 1 to the Nexus 5K and the links in LAG 2 to the Catalyst 3750.

EDIT:

Looking further it seems there is a restriction, at least up to version 7.6, where the WLC only supports a single LAG. See LAG - Link Aggregation for details.

Regards

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Mike,

The only restriction with respect link aggregation is that all physical links associated with a single LAG must go to the same switch. In the case of Nexus 5K this can also be "pair" forming a vPC domain, or for the Catalyst 3750, switches that are part of the same stack.

If you have two LAGs you can connect the links in LAG 1 to the Nexus 5K and the links in LAG 2 to the Catalyst 3750.

EDIT:

Looking further it seems there is a restriction, at least up to version 7.6, where the WLC only supports a single LAG. See LAG - Link Aggregation for details.

Regards

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card