Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I stack C9300-48U with C9300-24U

mohammad saeed
Level 5
Level 5

Hi ,

I have mixed type of switches in same cabinet, 4 switches C9300-48U and 2 switches C9300-24U. My question can I do the data and power stacking all together? or need to stack 24 port separated and 48 port separated .

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Hi

As per Cisco doc, Yes, they can.

Restrictions for Switch Stacks

The following are restrictions for your switch stack configuration:

• Only homogenous stacking is supported, that is, a stack of Cisco Catalyst 9300 Series Switches stack with only Cisco Catalyst 9300 Series Switches as stack members.

Cisco Catalyst 9300L Series Switches stack with only Cisco Catalyst 9300L Series Switches as stack members.

C9300-24UB, C9300-24UXB, and C9300-48UB switches can only be stacked with each other.

• During a switchover, when the standby device syncs with the active device, the following log message is displayed on the console:

%SM-4-BADEVENT: Event 'standby_phy_link_up' is invalid for 
    the current state 'NO_NEIGHBOR': rep_lsl_rx Gix/x/x -Traceback=

Ignore this message. It does not have any functional or operational impact.

• You cannot have a switch stack containing a mix of different license levels.

C9300-48U or C9300-24U <<- are these exact SW platform you have ?

Hello,

Can we make a stack with 9300-24T-A and 9300-48P-A  ? is there any issue? 

PoE vs. non-PoE?  If so, like 24 vs. 48 ports, believe that's, alone, a non-issue.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

24 vs. 48 ports, alone, is generally not an issue.  However, much else can be, which is basis for other poster's replies.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card