Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have two C9200 switches acting as DHCP servers.  Initially I had the network address scopes split in half between the two switches (50/50 rule).  But then I read in many web sites that an 80/20 split is more resilient.  So I put 80% of the addresse...

xzevallos by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello togetherI have a problem where I slowly lose my mind.I have built a network in Cisco Packet Tracer. With access switches (2960-24TT) which is connected to a multilayer switch 3650-24PS and this is connected to a core router (2911). Since this s...

Hi Guys, I am not that familiar about Nexus devices but may I know if I do an upgrade in a two node nexus 9k cluster if both switches will reload at the same time regardless if my method is ISSU or not? Thank you

Looks like a service pack is being used - current 16.0.9 version.To upgrade I would just install another and/or latest service pack correct? Currently "show boot" points to a packages.conf, so would the new package be similar (I am used to pointing t...

am not able to add “ip igmp snooping querier” on my cctv vlan on 9606R to replicate the same config done on 6506E that we are going to replace with 9606R.Below is the error message I am getting. Kindly advise how to correct this. Below is the error m...

Hello .....I have 2960 switch and i can't access it using my console cable .I can access other switches in my network ( 3560 & 2960 ) but i can't access only this switch.may be the console port in the switch damaged? or it's a bug ?? !!! although the...

mkhawaja99 by Level 1
  • 21 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Hi AllI am about to upgrade a 3850 switch stack from 03.02.03.SE to 16.12.07. I know from release notes below on earlier version of 16.X you were required to regenerate the key pairs before the upgrade. However in the latest release notes, i noticed ...

Old Roo 2 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am trying to change the IP address on a Catalyst 2960G.  I reset the switch and the default IP is 10.0.0.1, which pings and I can access it.I Telnet into the switch via Putty and enter the below commands:Switch#Switch#config terminalSwitch(confi...

jmins by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! DNS ROUTING FQDN

Hi Everyone, I have a FQDN object on our Firewall, the IP address of this changes daily so the firewall has a rule to permit access to it on a specified port number. Example:access-list inside_access_in line 284 extended permit tcp host 192.168.0.25 ...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card