cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can’t enable console password

Cisconewbie2022
Level 1
Level 1

I didn’t set up the console password when I set the switch up and added all the changes that it needed to be up to par. Now that I’m almost done with the c1000 24p I realized that it does not ask for a console password. I can type in “enable” and get right in. When I conf t and line con 0, password ******, login, end - it either rejected the “login” or it also accepts it but doesn’t prompt me for a password when I type in “enable” again on a fresh start as it were. When I took off aaa new-model that is when the switch accepted the “login” command but still no password when I exit the switch and re-enter. Do I have to start from scratch? It has the latest E6 software bin. Thanks in advance 

2 Replies 2

Hello,

Depending on how you have AAA set up it may bypass that. Did you try "login local" under the line console 0 line? If that doesn't work can you provide the output of your device configuration in the not working state.

-David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco