Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't setup LAG with ports that are in a VLAN

Ronxw
Level 1
Level 1

SG300-28:

I'm trying to setup a LAG for four ports from my NAS.  The ports are part of a VLAN.  I get an error saying "the ports are part of VLAN" when I try to add them to the LAG.  It won't allow me to create the LAG.  Can figure this out because it worked fine on my SG350-10.  I tried creating the LAG first then creating the VLAN, but the ports are greyed out in the "port to vlan membership" section of the GUI.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

4 Replies 4

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @Ronxw 

Do you follow these steps?

https://www.kasson.com/bleeding_edge/the-bleeding-edge/link-aggregation-for-synology-nascisco-sg-300-switches/

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

Thanks for the response.  It works fine if I remove the NAS ports from the vlan.  But when I add them to a vlan I get an error when I try to create the LAG.  It tells me that the ports are part of a vlan, and it won't let me add them to the LAG I'm creating.  I had no problem setting it up on SG350.  

Best regards,

KJK99
Level 3
Level 3

@Ronxw 

If you have ports in a LAG, you should not try to add them individually to a VLAN. There is no need to do it at all. Instead, add the LAG to the VLAN.

Kris K

Ah, ok!  I guess that's where I've been screwing up.  Now I need to figure out how to add a LAG to a vlan. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card