Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot get IP from DHCP

josephschung
Level 1
Level 1

Sir,

I have a simple setup of a switch(3524) and a stand alone AP(1210).

The AP is configured as DHCP server.

The problem is my wireless devices cannot get IP from it and the following messages will prompt up. It cannot receive an IP from DHCP server.

=================

*Mar  1 00:38:24.979: %DOT11-6-ASSOC: Interface Dot11Radio1, Station   5426.960f.9225 Associated KEY_MGMT[NONE]

*Mar  1 00:39:26.060: %DOT11-6-DISASSOC: Interface Dot11Radio1, Deauthenticating Station 5426.960f.9225 Reason: Sending station has left the BSS

=================

However, my PC connected to the switch CAN get IP from the DHCP server without any issue.

The config files of switch and AP are attached for your reference.

Any idea?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

aukhadiev
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, The DHCP is not working via wireless (vlan 10), because there is an no IP address associated with this vlan (BVI10) ... DHCP working via switch, because there is IP address associated with BVI1 (for native vlan), so you are connecting AP to the switch for fa0/1 or fa0/13? Right?

Unfortunately, you can not just type the command:

int bvi10

ip add x.x.x.x x.x.x.x

bridge 10 route ip

If I'm not mistaken, route ip only allowed on bridge group 1... So you need to turn the situation around... Turn VLAN 10 in bridge group 1 and make it a native.

On the AP:

interface Dot11Radio1.10

encapsulation dot1Q 10 native

bridge-group 1

interface FastEthernet0.10

bridge-group 1

interface BVI1

ip address 192.168.102.34 255.255.255.224

bridge 1 route ip

On the switch, on the interface where AP is connected:

interface FastEthernet0/x

switchport trunk native vlan 10

switchport mode trunk

I hope you will understand me, unfortunately English is not my native language, and I can not describe it more easy to understand ...

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi, sorry but my english is not very good

look this! could help you

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1200/installation/guide/120h_g.html#wp1007845

Hello

Looks like you have specified vlan 10 on the switch and not on the AP -

On the Ap - try chaning the BVI and the bridge-group to 10

no int bvi 1

int bvi 10

ip add   192.168.102.34 255.255.255.224

interface Dot11Radio1

bridge-group 10

bridge 10 protocol ieee

bridge 10 route ip

res

Paul

Please don't forget to rate any posts that have been helpful.

Thanks.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the communityā€™s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi Paul,

I would assume that he will not be able to remove the BVI1 interface as such. The AP by default may not allow this. So he could remove the ip address from BVI1 interface with "no ip address" command try assigning the same ip address to BVI10.

Hi Joseph,

Which switch port you have your AP connected to? Please configure the switch port where AP is connected as trunk port as i dont see any trunk configuration on your switch port.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Najaf

Please rate when applicable or helpful !!!

On the AP which is set up as a DHCP server make sure you specify the command, "ip dhcp server" in global configuration mode....

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please rate all helpful posts. Was the issue resolved? (Mark as "Answered")

aukhadiev
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, The DHCP is not working via wireless (vlan 10), because there is an no IP address associated with this vlan (BVI10) ... DHCP working via switch, because there is IP address associated with BVI1 (for native vlan), so you are connecting AP to the switch for fa0/1 or fa0/13? Right?

Unfortunately, you can not just type the command:

int bvi10

ip add x.x.x.x x.x.x.x

bridge 10 route ip

If I'm not mistaken, route ip only allowed on bridge group 1... So you need to turn the situation around... Turn VLAN 10 in bridge group 1 and make it a native.

On the AP:

interface Dot11Radio1.10

bridge-group 1

interface FastEthernet0.10

bridge-group 1

interface BVI1

ip address 192.168.102.34 255.255.255.224

bridge 1 route ip

On the switch, on the interface where AP is connected:

interface FastEthernet0/x

switchport trunk native vlan 10

switchport mode trunk

I hope you will understand me, unfortunately English is not my native language, and I can not describe it more easy to understand ...

Thank you. You solve the problem for me.

Well, I decide to use the detaul vlan 1 instead of 10 to simpliy the setting. Now it works.

Thank you again.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card