cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Ping or Telnet Cisco L3 Switch

suraj2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, I have a problem going on. I have a cisco layer 3 switch which is away from me. Both telnet and ping could work till last week but all of sudden I am not able to ping or telnet and an interesting thing is that I could ping other switchs (in the same location where L3 switch has the problem) and can ping and telnet the L3 switch from other switch(in same location). Everything is correctly configured. Please help.

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- What error do  the ping(s)  return ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

It says, "Request Time Out."

Hello,

if you can access the L3 switch from other switches at that location, at least you are not locked out. I would telnet to the switch from one of these other switches and check the logs of the 'problem' L3 switch. 

Does anybody else have access to that switch ?

And once you are in, post the output of:

show line

shline.JPG

 Hi Georg Pauwen, Thankyou for your reply. please find the snapshot.

Hello

@suraj2 wrote:

interesting thing is that I could ping other switch's (in the same location where L3 switch has the problem) and can ping and telnet the L3 switch from other switch(in same location). Everything is correctly configured. Please help.

Jump on the L3 switch from the other switch's and check the arp /routing tables for the subnet you pc reside in?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi Paul, Thankyou for your time to reply me on this. The routing and arp are good. The gateway is also correctly declared and everything is just perfect. still then I am not able to telnet or ping the switch remotely.

suraj2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone, Thankyou all for your kind time. I have fixed the issue. May be the issue occured because of the multiple intface vlans, I removed everyone one of them and just kept the interface vlan for the L3 switch and yet, its working. Thankyou all.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card