Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Ping other Routers and PCs from PCs - Static Routing

I have a topology with 4 routers, each with one pc and switch connected.Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 2.50.48 PM.png

All 4 Routers have static routing set up between each other and are able to ping from router to router. In addition, all of the PCS is able to ping their respective router. The assignment calls for full connectivity throughout the topology so the PCs are supposed to be able to ping each other as well as the other routers. Unfortunately, that's where I'm struggling. None of the PCs are able to reach each other or the other routers in the topology besides its own router.

I can't seem to figure out why the PCs aren't able to ping each other. I'm fairly new to networking so please excuse me if my terminology isn't correct I'm sorry. I have also searched the forum for similar problems but can't seem to find a resolution. I'm open to any help so thank you in advance!

9 Replies 9

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your PC default gateways are wrong.

They should use the fa0/0 IP address as their default gateway because those IPs are in the same subnets as the PCs. 

Jon

I updated the default gateways and it's still not working. Any ideas what else it could be?

Hi @nicholas.guarino2 ,

Can you provide us with the output of "show ip route" from each router in the diagram.

Regards,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 3.58.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 3.58.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 3.58.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 3.59.01 PM.png

Hello,

since this looks like a Packet Tracer project, post the zipped project (.pkt) file...

Didn't think of doing that. Just updated the original post with the file.

Hello,

I have added the minimum static routes necessary (you can do most with static default routes)...revised file with end to end connectivity attached...(saved in PT version 8).

Awesome! Can you explain exactly what you did/ what I was doing wrong? I want to learn for the future.

Hello,

basically, on the left and right routers, you only need static default routes, because everything is going out in just one direction. On the middle routers, you just needs one static route for the subnets connected to the left/right routers respectively, and for the rest of the traffic, a default route is sufficient. Hope that makes sense.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card