Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a 24port 2960-L (running the latest IOS) which being passive cooled fits my requirement well. I have configured it with a number of VLANs with a SVI on each and enabled routing. Seemingly at random an SVI stops responding. Unfortunately I was ...

AdamW01248 by Level 1
  • 21 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all I appreciate this question has been raised before and it seems we don't have a solution yet. So I would like to see if anyone has found a solution. I have been tasked to "figure out" how to perform a (2 member) cat9300 stack upgrade with no...

Hi AllWe need to send mac notification traps to our server, are all the below commands needed to enable this? snmp-server community publicsnmp-server enable traps MAC-Notificationsnmp-server host 1.1.1.1 version 2c public mac-notification!!mac addres...

Hi. I have a 9300L running IOS 17.3.1 and want to capture DHCP packets from 2 clients. An AP and a switch doing PNP.But I can only capture the packets from the device, and not the return traffic to the devices.The switch is running as FIAB. I have tr...

Skrmbillede 2021-03-03 092056.png

Hi guys, I have on hand a C3650-48FD-S that I just received from Cisco RMA, it comes with 16.3.8 firmware but the switch is meant to replace one from an existing stack that uses 3.6.8E. Every time I try to downgrade, it encounters boot failure and go...

Hi All, For one of my project, I'm testing a SMB-250 POE 16-ports with a raspberry pi4So far, I wasn't able to power it up. However it's working fine on my Aruba 2530 (8 POE ports) if I activate the "Poe pre-standard" parameter.I can't find such para...

Hi,I‘m planning to use a C9300 as a layer 3 switch... probably someone can tell me which Parameters (switching bandwidth, forwarding rate, etc.) I should pay attention to and understand why, so that I don‘t get any performance problems?thank you for ...

Hello,I have a question that I can't just find a clear response to it about the MUST of configuring the same native vlan between two switch ports. in the CCNP ENCOR study guide , I've read this " The native VLAN should match on both trunk ports, or t...

net guru by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a fully meshed OSPF network using 6500 switches at the Core and Dist Level.   Off two of the Dist Switches are external routers that route out to other networks.  All traffic going to the external networks goes through these two 6500 switches...

jschweng by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi There, >>> Below is the output of Radius server working switch and non working switch the difference is host name ABCD and EFGH mentioned in the working switch.  Please let me the how to steps to configure this. Working switch.:=============== SW0...

I have a VPC peer link where I discovered one of the the 10G ports in the PortChannel is  admin/ down between my two N7009s, the other port in the port channel is up/online. What is the impact of me bring the admin/down port back online. Both ports a...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card