Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot remove Banner and login

paul dungey
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

I'm having trouble with a Cisco Catalyst 2950 Series Switch where by I'm following the precedure from Cisco's web site to remove the Banner and login information,

http://www.cisco.com/image/gif/paws/12040/pswdrec_2900xl.pdf

Each command is being accepted by the switch from following the information given within the help sheet above,

the problem i have now is when i turn the power off then turn the switch back on I'm still getting the banner and login information even though i have follwed Cisco's help correctly.

Would the version of th IOS be the cause????

Thank you

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

did you write your changes? Go over the procedure again and then do a "wr mem" before rebooting the switch.

Hth,

John

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

did you write your changes? Go over the procedure again and then do a "wr mem" before rebooting the switch.

Hth,

John

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Hi John,

I can now see where i have gone wrong I was running  the command "copy flash:config.text systen:running-config"

then the command "write Memory" and i was ignoring the command to save the secret, enable and VTY passwords,

I'm now able to access the switch,

John many thanks for your support,

I find the cisco equipment most enjoyable when erasing clients configuration and find the cisco support community very helpful this has given me the urge to study for the CCNA.

Thanks

Paul

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card