cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot ssh to 4506 through mgmt-port since IOS 15.0(2)

Stefan Sutter
Level 1
Level 1

Hey folks,

I have a very funny problem with our ciscos catalyst 4506.

Since  updating to IOS Version 15.0(2) I can't ssh into the oobm mgmt-port fa1  on our ciscos 4506 with Sup II-Plus (same problem on a Sup V).

A  ping from a computer connected to the mgmt-port through a 2960 works  fine and answers, but trying to ssh my linux tells me that the  connection was refused. Even the ssh through the vlan of the 4506 works.  With the IOS 12.1(54) I had no problems with this.

Someone an idea what this problem might cause, how to solve it or maybe there's someone with the same prob?

Best regards and a good night from germany,

Stefan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Stefan,

It might be that the ssh config on the vty lines have been erased.  So if you add the ssh parameters to the vty lines, that may do it.  If that does not work, then I think you need  to recreant the ssh key.

HTH

Reza

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Stefan,

It might be that the ssh config on the vty lines have been erased.  So if you add the ssh parameters to the vty lines, that may do it.  If that does not work, then I think you need  to recreant the ssh key.

HTH

Reza

First suggestion solved it.

I configured the vty the following way:

line vty 0 16

login local

transport input ssh

access-group 50 in vrf-also

!

I've added the "vrf-also" in the access-group-command, after that everything works fine. Maybe this was introduced new in IOS 15.0(2)?

I hope that this may help others.

Thank you very much for your help!

Stefan

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card