Restarted the switch with console cable conencted

Showing error and got stuck

Not able to go to config mode and add vlan

Please help me

16 Replies 16

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- As an extra item to check or resolve the issue  , try  from another PC and or a different terminal-operator device ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I have verified with different terminal also
During startup of the switch it showing some logs but because of vlan not
present it showing error later and cant able to go to configure mode

Console is direc connect it dont need 

IP nor vlan 

I think you use not correct cable and or the register number is need to correct.

MHM

>....During startup of the switch it showing some logs but because of vlan not
   = Post these logs (screenshot for instance) and or to the point where you get stuck too.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Please find the boot logs

>...Please find the boot logs
  - I can't see anything wrong with these logs , except an interface having an invalid SFP
    Can you logon to the console , what happens when you try to go to enable mode ?

M.

The logs which i shared it get stuck there only

After that not able to do anything 

I getting stuck there onyl

- You need to be more specific about the meaning of 'stuck' = 
            + Do you still get a login prompt on the console ?
            + Can you still then logon ? (e.g.)

M.

Whatever the last line you can see in the logs after that nothing happening 

No prompt, not able to do anything, it got atuck there only,

- What happens when you press Return on the console terminal ?

M.

After pressing RETURN nothing is happening 

- Try another console cable , 

M.

Tried with multiple cable only showing logs while reboot 

Also tried multiple pc and terminal applications

But after that last line it is not showing anything 

May be i need to break the boot process but sont know how to do that

This is happening because not able to reach the ip which configured in the switch because vlan ip not present 

- It becomes difficult to remotely assist on this ; I would advise that you take aid from an IT-knowledgeable person (in your
 company e.g.)  or else contact Cisco TAC

M.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card