Views
Helpful
Replies

Cant ping different VLANS

NABS93
Level 1
Level 1

Hey there guys.
Im kinda new using packet tracer and i've been having classes for a degree on networking.
I've got to do a project in packet tracer but i'm having problems pinging between VLANS.
I have vlan 2 3 and 4 
I've configured the the etherchannels, VLANS, ports.
Also configured the router the dot1q logic ip's and encapsulations.
The DHCP/FTP server is connected in a VLAN 2 port and has a ip helper address configured and it actually works since it gives the correct ip's to the different vlans.
But the ping is not working and it's only missing that for the project to be completed ... (it's a 1º year project so for some it may seem kinda easy) - i've put the notepad with all the commands i've put and some pics (it says here i cannot put the pkt file here)

2 Replies 2

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can attach the PT file if you first zip it.

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Can PC ping its default gateway router IP? can PC ping other IP on a its default gateway router (other Interface on the router)?

Make sure your PCs have default gateway IP as IP of a router interface; Common mistake is assign IP of Layer 2 switch SVI as  default gateway for PCs; 

Make sure all L2 switches have all vlans 2,3,4 present.  Check trunks and see if vlans are allowed thru. Check etherchannels; in the past PT had issues with etherchannels in complex topology with many link; 

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card