cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cat 9200 cdp one sided

mrom2
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue where we are retiring some 2960x switches with some 9200 series switches.  The 9200's are in a stack and connected back with fiber back to the core(9300 series).  When i do a( sh cdp nei) on the 9200 i can see the 9300 but when i do the same command on the 9300 i cannot see the 9200.from what i can tell everything is configured correctly but the new stack will not communicate with the core.  I don't know what i am missing here.

15 Replies 15

Hi

Did you try to enable CDP?

conf t

cdp run

About the communication with Core, this can be a whole new conversation. Which test are you doing?

I tried the enable CDP already.

Ports on both sides show up/up

there are two mode of CDP
you must enable CDP in global 
you must enable CDP in interface mode (physical and/or port-channel) 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the firmware of both switches. 

There are bugs triggered when different sub-models, like a 9200 connected to a 9300, the SFP would just stop dropping CDP traffic.  

This only happens if the switches are interconnected by optics.  IF the same switches are connected by copper, they are fine.  

C9300-24T   16.12.05b

C9200 48p    17.03.04

@mrom2 wrote:
C9300-24T   16.12.05b

A switch on 16.12.X train.  I can see where the problem is right now.  

Hello
Update the Software on the 9ks

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

updated as suggested to latest version 17.06.05 but now the 9200 stack will not come up.  i get this error: failed to boot from flash:package.conf(Not Found)

IF the switch is in ROMMON, post the complete output to the command "dir flash:".

I figured out what the issue was.  the 's' in packages was missing(flash:package.conf).  Once i got that figured out i went to the active master switch(in my case Switch #5) and booted to the correct flash and the stack came up as it should

this solve the stack or stack and cdp issue ?

Both it seems.  Once the stack came up i was able to see the switch from the 9300 core switch.

Thanks a lot for update us. 

MHM

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card