Views
Helpful
Replies

Cat6500 IOS 12.2(33)SXI Question

foosterh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

To introduce new hardware on Cat6500 I need to upgrade from 12.2(33)SXH2a to 12.2(33)SXI

Looking at the info at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SX/release/notes/ol_14271.html

I can not figure out whether or not the SXI train indeed has the hardware/feature support that I have with the SXH2a release.

Can I assume that SXI is a successor of SXH8? SXI would thus have all support present in SXH2a?

Thanks

Fred

2 Replies 2

Gregory Snipes
Level 4
Level 4

To the best of my knowledge there as not been any major changes to the support for legacy hardware since the SXF->SXH change. With that one they discontinued support for a ton of older modules but I believe they have only added support for new stuff since then. You really should run your full hardware configuration thought the software advisor to be sure though.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

SXI can support whatever you've got in SXH, however, SXI is has been announced as EoS/EoL since February 2012.  So I'd recommend you start looking at SXJ instead.

End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco IOS Software Release 12.2(33)SXI

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card