Views
Helpful
Replies

Cat9300L 17.9.x show platform software trace message missing

ratkoczy1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've tried to troubleshoot a Radius issue with "debug radius" and "show platform software trace message smd sw 1 R0 reverse | i 1812/" commands what works in C9300 (17.3.3) but this command does not exist in 17.9.x

DEMO-E2#show platform software trace ?
context Show btrace global context
counter Show counter value of modules
level Show trace levels

It should work based on the command reference: 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9300/software/release/17-9/command_reference/b_179_9300_cr/tracing.html

8 Replies 8

pieterh
VIP
VIP

just to make sure: before using "show" did you you also enable tracing with "set" 

set platform software trace

To set the trace level for a specific module within a process, use the set platform software trace command in privileged EXEC or user EXEC mode.

set platform software trace process slot module trace-level

Not yet, but now I've added this command:

set platform software trace smd switch 1 R0 radius debug

But no changes:

DEMO-E2#show platform software trace ?
context Show btrace global context
counter Show counter value of modules
level Show trace levels

Hello @pieterh Even the command is not available . The platform and version is C9300-48U 17.09.05.  After trace there is not process keyword. 

set platform software trace process slot module trace-level
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

Please help

Make new post is better 

MHM

eturner80
Level 1
Level 1

I am experiencing this same issue on my Cisco 9200 (IOS-XE 17.9). I assume the syntax of the command has changed, but to what? I can't find a way to view the trace logs. If anybody has any information on this please let me know. Thank you!

derobert87
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem on 9800 17.9.4a, I enabled debug for netconf but there is no way to see the debug after enabling it (set platform software trace ...) and the show platform software trace message is missing from CLI. Is there another way to export the debug logs?

I've just discovered "show logging process smd 0 level verbose". Hope it helps.

Thank you @Konstantin Kabassanov 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card