cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 1000 web gui not working

QT76
Level 1
Level 1

I just buy a Catalyst Switch 1000 (C1000-8T-E-2G-L), i did the initial setup with webgui, but now i cannot access the switch with the standard ip managment address 10.0.0.3, i cannot ping it, nothing.... My Pc is in DHCP mode, but it get just a apipa address..if i put manually an adress to my pc ( 10.0.0.10) within the same subnet, and with no other devices connected to the switch, nothing.. im connected  to the switch through normal port with normal ethernet cable, that must be enough, i think.  Right now i dont have a console cable..

23 Replies 23

for my view it not sense, it meaning that the SW can gui only one time!!
just try again 
and see Caution below 
Continuing to hold the 
Reset button for longer exits the Setup mode.

sorry I check and as @balaji.bandi  mention there is no dedicate management port for c1000
anyway check the video I share it is so useful. 

connect to management port not any other port 

I am not aware Cat 1000 switch has a dedicated management port, nor I have seen it, what model has this dedicated management port?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks a Lot 

QT76
Level 1
Level 1

Maybe i have to wait to receive the console cable in order to get forward...right?

QT76
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

Problem solved. I don't know why, but there was no ip on my switch. I connected with the console cable and assigned a new ip address to the vlan1. Now access to the webgui is working. Thanks for your tips and support!

glad the issue Solve. 
good luck Friend. 

yes that is what suggestion always, is when you change the IP address, until you click save it will not saved in GUI, 

so we asked to connect console cable so we can see what is the issue, 

You made it right process, and good all went well, we mark as this resolved now.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

thanks to you all! 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card