Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 3500 XL and GBIC WS-G5483

I bought a used Catalyst XL 3500 switch yesterday. It had 8 WS-G5483 GBIC modules on it. It was in working condition when it arrived. But I when wanted to connect to the terminal via serial port, I found out that it was password protected. I followed the reset procedure and managed to change it. But now, none of the GBIC modules work. What am I missing here? What should I do to get them back online?

Also no matter what I do, I could not get the terminal speed setting to persist.

"This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes." King Arthur
1 Reply 1

It turned out to be the cable. Apparently, a cable that worked yesterday might refuse to do today.

"This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes." King Arthur
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card