cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 3750 MLS to Catalyst 3850 MQC

Bruce Wilson
Level 1
Level 1

Have a Catalyst 3750 Switch Core Stack and moving off of them to a new Catalyst 3850 Switch Core Stack.

However, the new Catalyst 3850 Switch Stack does not support MLS, only MQC.

How do i convert the existing MLS config to the new MQC config?

Also, all the access switches connected have mls qos trust on switch ports, what would happen then?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

The config conversion should be fine manually. There's no way to do it automatically except if you develop your own script. 

Here's a link that could help you:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-3850-series-switches/118629-technote-qos-00.html

Having mls qos trust on your switchport, will just trust the dscp or cos based on your config. I guess you're trusting the dscp value. The traffic will passthrough the right class-map based on the traffic dscp. 

Hope that answers your question. 

Thanks 

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct answer if this answered your question

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

The config conversion should be fine manually. There's no way to do it automatically except if you develop your own script. 

Here's a link that could help you:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-3850-series-switches/118629-technote-qos-00.html

Having mls qos trust on your switchport, will just trust the dscp or cos based on your config. I guess you're trusting the dscp value. The traffic will passthrough the right class-map based on the traffic dscp. 

Hope that answers your question. 

Thanks 

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct answer if this answered your question

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card