Views
Helpful
Replies

catalyst 9300 SFP+ model?

smartingram
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there al catalyst 9300 with 12 SFP+ ports?

17 Replies 17

1.JPG

please refer to the above modules.

But this is Uplink and and in this case we will fulfill only 8 Ports . We need ony 12 Port SPF+ with Some Uplink Port like the cisco 3850-12S.

smartingram
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking for a 9300 with only 10GB SFP+ ports without any copper ports.

something like the WS-C3850-12XS-E.

C9300-NM-2Q is the network module and will be putted in any ports that you want to get price or anything

Marion
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Catalyst 9500 has what you are after: 9500.GIF   Cisco Catalyst 9500 Series Switches Data Sheet - Cisco

Except that when you browse 3850s, the Cisco website tells you to replace them with 9300s. There is no suitable breakdown in the "Model Comparison" section that tells you what type of ports, only the count. In trying to squeeze everything in on a single page, the quality of the information provided has plunged to become almost useless.

Edit, the Cisco website has become awful, plain and simply awful, to find information. In one instance I click on "data sheet" and I end up with pictures of Africa. Relevant content? Totally absent. It is easier to use Google to find data on Cisco's website than it is to navigate Cisco's website itself.

What I'm looking for is the 9300 series replacement for the 3850-48XS or 3850-24XS, not a 9500 series. The Cisco website tells me to look at 9300s, so I'm doing that but I'll be damned if I can find out what I'm supposed to order instead. Maybe what Cisco are trying to say is that I need to look at the website for Juniper/Mellanox instead?

All,

There is no 9300 with just SFP+ ports, yet. Product management is investigating this, but release timeframes are TBD at this point. For now the best options for a 1 RU SFP+ switch are the 3850 variants or the 9500 variants.

Cheers,
Scott

Scott, 

Are there any updates to the release timeframe?

Theirs these ones the U models are multigig , few more in the doc

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9300-series-switches/data_sheet-c78-738977.html

C9300-48UXM
36x 100 Mbps,1G, 2.5G + 12x Multigigabit (100M, 1G, 2.5G, 5G, or 10 Gbps)

Cory,

No change since my previous statement.

Cheers,
Scott Hodgdon

Senior Technical Marketing Engineer

Enterprise Networking Group

Any recent developments that can be shared?

Please investigate faster.

As I see it, now we would have to buy 3 X C9300-24T and 3 x C9300-NM-8X in order to get a redundant stack of 24 10G ports.

This leaves me with about 72 x 1G useless cobber ports. Obviously a waste not only in my money but more importantly in the worlds limited ressources, but also increase in power consumption when running 3 switches and not only two.

Does cisco not care about our enviroment? I think you should, 100% of your customers depends on the enviroment.

In our latest 10G project, we went with Juniper because they delivered a lower cost per 10G SFP port when scaled up. The choice was 3524/3548 or Juniper 4600. With the 3524/3548, you lose ports for inter-chassis redundancy - to match the Juniper 40Gbps chassis link, they become 20 and 44 port chassis.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco