Views
Helpful
Replies

CBS220-48T-4G DHCP requests not getting forwarded to router

Tamagotchi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all
I have a frustrating issue and so far I wasn't able to solve it.
I'm using a CISCO switch CBS220-48T-4G together with a ubiquiti edge router.
I configured a DHCP server on the router and a VLAN which gets untagged at the switch port e.g. Port 2.
No i noticed follogin behaviour.
If I connect a client (windows PC) to the Port2 I'll get a IP address asigned from the DHCP server.
But if I now disconnect the client and reconnect then the client is sending DHCP Request but gets no answers from the router which leads to the problem the client not getting any IP address anymore.
But if I then execute a ipconfig/release and ipconfig/renew then everything works as expected.
I have dhcp snooping and arp inspect deactivated.
Did someone else notice this behaviour?

Thanks for any replies or hints.
Kevin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tamagotchi
Level 1
Level 1

I solved it. I had to enable "Edge Port" on all interfaces in the spanning tree (STP) option.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tamagotchi
Level 1
Level 1

I solved it. I had to enable "Edge Port" on all interfaces in the spanning tree (STP) option.

angelfernandez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I'm configuring a new CBS220-48T-4G switch, with several VLANs. Devices connected to this switch should receive a DHCP adress from a Windows server Domain Controller via a firewall which is doing inter-VLAN routing.

What I'm observing, is that DHCP requests are forwarded from the switch only when connected to a port in the default VLAN.

I tried to enable "Edge Port" on all interfaces in the spanning tree (STP) option, as shown above, but that didn't solve the problem for me.

Any idea, how could I get the DHCP requests forwarded for the non-default VLAN ports?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card