Views
Helpful
Replies

CBS250-24G-4G

sylvain.benoit
Level 1
Level 1

i all,

I'm facing a CISCO smart switch that seems to reboot and reboot.....

Sometimes it works for a few minutes (max) before rebooting. I suspect a power problem but it's been installed for only 4 months, in a cold place (not too cold) and protected by a UPC (APC-BR900G-FR). This switch is a 250-24T-4G (18 ports used, no SFP) and there is no PoE.

Do any of you know how to confirm it is a hardware issue or not?

Today I can see 3 cases :

#1 - I've made a mistake in a configuration, is it possible to perform a "reset as factory" ?

#2 - This is a HW issue, do you know if the CISCO support is efficient ? (product purchased in october, under guarantee).

#3 - This is a software issue, I'm not confident to update firmware on a product that reboot spuriously. (The worst case)

Could you help me to identify what is the next step for me to select the right case ?

Thank you

16 Replies 16

sylvain.benoit
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry for this final and late answer but the switch has been replaced and the new one works well. I have no idea and no feedback from Techdate (CISCO reseller) about the problem.

In any case and this is only my point of view but CISCO products reboot easily when a problem occurs. From my perspective it is not the best way to handle the situation, an error message and a product more resilient is better but ....

I've a lot of reboot also on IE3400 switches (during confinguration).

When the product is well configured CISCO switches are very good. But the first steps are difficult.

Thanks to all for your replies, the only solution was to replace the product.

Regards,

Sylvain

Sylvain

Thanks for the update. Glad to know that the new switch is working

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card