cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ccie prep

petersrule2003
Level 1
Level 1

i am about to start my ccie prep(written and Lab,for routing and switching) by April 1 and planning to take the lab by march 2009 can any ccie teach me how to study effectively to become a ccie and not someone that passed the ccie lab within this period and pass first time.

4 Replies 4

ccbootcamp
Level 7
Level 7

Check out this PDF, it should help you prep:

http://www.ccbootcamp.com/collateral/ccbootcamp-rs-approach-method.pdf

ttyl

Brad

cisco_lad2004
Level 5
Level 5

get hold of the recommended books. the ones that u cannot do without are Routing TCP/IP by jeff Doyle.

while u are preparing for ur written test, follow up with labs and hands on. this will anchor the knowledge.

as u progress, u will notice that u are able to question Cisco books, so start looking at Cisco website.

when u feel on top of it, get hold of a lab course ( I wont make any recommendation), get the lab workbook and start working on ur time management and task assessments.

find a forum and study partners, marathon is long and u need support.

If u are aiming for March 2009, say goodbye to your loved ones as u need to hibernate ( even when its sunny and everyone is having fun)...it will be worth it !!

leave no stone unturned and question everything starting from the basics.

my advice is determination and hard work.

best of luck !

Sam

Thanx sam 4 taking time to send the reply i really appreciate all the advice rendered.

u r d best.

sarita_scott
Level 1
Level 1

Check out this blogger (Cisco Central), it should help you prep:

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco