Views
Helpful
Replies

CDP Problem

tcapo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have been troubleshooting an existing deployment of CUCM with 794x phones where all of a sudden the phones started receiving IP addresses from the data vlan instead of our voice vlan.  NO network/system changes have been made.  It is only affecting phones connected to a certain 3750 stack.  My troubleshooting led me to looking into CDP issues.  I cleared the CDP counters and then issued a show cdp traffic command.  No packets are showing.  I did the same thing with other stacks in the building and they act as expected - they show CDP packets being sent. 

Has anyone else seen this?  I disabled CDP and then reenabled CDP for good measure.

-Tony

1 Reply 1

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Just quick thought try lldp see if its the same least youll know then if its specific to cdp feature , you may have hit bug

just wondering as well if the phones were already on the network they should have had a ip address what happened for them to go try get another one , did they reboot, switch flip etc ? phones will only request an ip during boot usually which makes me think something may have happened on switch if it happened to all phones or else the phones lost connectivity to the CM

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card