Views
Helpful
Replies

Change PIM dr-priority

Shibu1978
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are planning to change the PIM dr-priority on a production vlan.  dr-priority was not set earlier hence it took the highest IP address as DR. Unfortunately highest IP address was on a backup switch vlan interface.

We would like to make the PIM DR as Main switch vlan interface by changing the dr-priority.  While making this change will it,any way disturb the production network means any outage may occur during this configuration change?

Please let me your valuable inputs.

Attached is the current DR, priority status.

Thanks 

Shibu

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello
Yes - that is correct it shouldn't be intrusive-  However as with anything I would put it pass change control prior to making any changes on your production network

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hello

It shouldn't do , As the DR is only for join messages it isnt a forwarder of MC traffic.

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hello Paul,

Thanks for your reply.

"It shouldn't do , As the DR is only for join messages it isnt a forwarder of MC traffic"..   Could you please make it clear. you mean i can change it just like that. no outage?

thanks

Hello
Yes - that is correct it shouldn't be intrusive-  However as with anything I would put it pass change control prior to making any changes on your production network

res
Paul

Kind Regards
Paul

Thanks Paul.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card