Views
Helpful
Replies

Choose Specific next hop for EIGRP learned Routes

GRANT3779
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi All,

I have a setup similar to the attached. I am peered with a VPN and MPLS router via EIGRP. The VPN and MPLS routers are not EIGRP neighbours.

Without getting into too much detail as to the WHY - is it possible to achieve the following with route-maps?

any routes learned with a tag 111 I want to make sure my office router always sends traffic destined for these  to the VPN router.

any routes learned with a tag 222 I want to make sure my office router always sends traffic destined for these to the MPLS router.

I should have added - both routers send me the exact same routing table with the same metric.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You could try set the route-map to match by the tag and then use set ip next-hop to redirect it to wherever you need

route-map TEST permit 10
 match tag 111
 set ip next-hop 1.1.1.1
!
route-map TEST permit 20
 match tag 222
 set ip next-hop 2.2.2.2

Hi Mark,

Was thinking something along the lines of that, but not to sure where would be applying the route map? Would this be under the EIGRP process?

Hi you would apply it at interface level so it redirects the traffic at that point

Martin Hruby
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

You could also try filtering EIGRP prefixes per neighbor by matching the route-source IP and the tag that the peer attaches to advertised prefixes, like this:

access-list 10 permit 2.2.2.2
access-list 20 permit 1.1.1.1

route-map FILTER permit 10
 match ip route-source 10
 match tag 222

route-map FILTER permit 20
 match ip route-source 20
 match tag 111

router eigrp 2
 distribute-list route-map FILTER in

Please note, all other prefixes not matching any route-map statement will be denied.

Best regards,
Martin

Thanks Both, going to test this out before end of week so will let you know how it goes.

Cheers

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card