Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1941 sec bundle router.

kumar.networld
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

Is it possible to cisco 1941 security bundle router Support minimum of 2k of VLANs ID and shall support upto 60 vlans?

if yes, please share data sheet.

I am waiting for your valuable answer.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

1941 is a router.  Do you have EtherSwitch HWIC installed?

HTH

Hello Reza,

I have installed HWIC-2FE card.

Thanks.

Reuben Farrelly
Level 3
Level 3

I very much doubt you could run 2000 VLANs on a 1941 with switch card.  In fact, looking at the data sheet:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps10536/data_sheet_c78-612808_ps5949_Products_Data_Sheet.html

...the limit is "16-64".

I would suggest that if you require that many vlans and/or interfaces you're using the wrong product for the job.  The 1941 is not intended to be used as or targetted at high density VLAN routing.

You may be better looking at a small switch, even the SB300/SB500 series if you are tight for money (there is an 8 port version) that would likely do what you need.  One of these units will not only be able do this, but will be able to switch and route MUCH faster than a software based router like the ISR G2s will ever be able to do do.

Check the data sheets before you buy anything though.  That's a lot of VLAN IDs.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Forewording that if you have 60 VLAN and plan to use such a small router, very likey something is wrong with your network design, there should be no reason why you can'tdo that.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card