Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2612 routers NM-2E2W

Hatface13
Level 1
Level 1

Howdy everyone,

Cisco noob here, setting up a home lab for practicing, hoping to take at least the CCENT cert exam this fall, maybe he second as well for the CCNA.  Anyways, I just ordered an NM-2E2W card for my router as it came with no seriel port and only 1 ethernet, so I figured the addition of 2 each would suite me fine.  I got it today, took it out of the box, physically installed it in my router.  When I do a Show Ip Interface Brief command however, the new ports I added do not show up.  When looking at the module I see the ACT light on both ethernet ports is lit up, but I get nothing on the Wic-1ts that were in the card when it arrived.  When I plug an ethernet cord from the router into one of my switches on the new ports I get the Link light to light up as well.

Is there a step I missed?  Ive looked through the Installing Cisco Network Modules guide and am not seeing any sort of extra setup required for my router, but I may have missed it.  Anybody have any ideas?

Input is appreciated

Hatface

3 Replies 3

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check to see what code version is required for that interface and whether its supported in that router. 

Thanks for pointing that out.  The module is not compatible with my router.  Guess that's what I get for buying on Ebay.  It's just disappointing, I would have looked further into it before purchasing had the auction not specifically said compatible with all 2600 series routers on it.  Time to return it I suppose.

Hi Matt,

Have you got any chance to look into diagnostic result or show tech of it to see that module is passing its physical test...!! also Kindly check is the running IOS is compaitble with the card as per the product sheet.

if everything fine, try upgrade or downgrading the IOS which might help in fixing this issue.

Thanks,

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card