Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hey all.  We are setup like a hotel style workers camp.  We have wings full of rooms and residents with 3750 stacks in them.  Those switches connect back to our core 6500's.  The network is mostly all Layer 3, interfaces are routed with IPs.When it w...

Hi,I have one Catalyst 4503  with Supervisor 7L-E  10 with IOS - XE 03.02.00.XO.  . One of its gigabit interfaces is connected to a Internet link of 1 Mega.  In terms of QoS i would like to limit the total bandwidht of this gigabit interface to just ...

etmarcof by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,It is a question about licensing. We have two 3750-x stacked switches with IP base license. We need to upgrade them to IP services license. I read some where that it is possible to install IP serivces license to only management switch and no ne...

Hi all,How to find entries for network (deatination-not a link id ) on ospf database.for example if i want to find routes(multiple paths if any ) for network X.X.X.X on the ospf database.Thanks in advance.rgds,Rajesh

Hi all,We all know the ip address range and structure of IPv4In that 127.x.x.x is reserved for loop back ip address for hosts,but commonly we use 127.0.0.1 as a loop back ip address in hosts to check the interface and network card.Can any one explain...

rjkumar89 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I want to clear following things regarding Cisco 3750 switch.1. Can I configure Multiple DHCP pool on C3750?2. Performance effect due to same?3. Can I resrve IP addrese from DHCP pool for specific MAC address.4. Can I Exempt IP address from DHCP p...

Hi all,I'm trying to configure an ACL for my erspan session, but it doesn't seem to work. Im curious as to what I'm doing wrong. I followed the instructions described here:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/5_x/nx-os/system_manage...

mvknl by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear  allWe have cisco 2911/k9  we fixed 2  HWIC-4ESW crds in 2911. I create 4 vlan i have assigned 1 HWIC-4ESW  all vlans are working fine when i configure 5 th vlan it assigned second  HWIC-4ESW 1 port but interface status showing up. i connected o...

We have a Cisco WS-C3560X-48P running 12.2(55) with multiple 7945 IP Phones connected to it. Several of these phones are randomly rebooting once or a couple of times a day at the moment. There's sufficent POE capacity on the switch and all the diagno...

da.newman by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am not able to apply an access-list to FastEthernet 0 as the ip access-group is not supported in Interface mode but only in interface vlan mode.How can I stop traffic into the LAN network?Cheers,Pei Wai.

leepeiwai by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have a Customer where his Layer 2 encapsulated traffic is remark with a priority bit 5 even is send with mark of 0.He is using Me3400s and is using L2 protocol tunneling Test equip Sender   ----gi0/1  Me3400  gi 0/13 -----Me6500 --------(Tunn...

dbellamk by Cisco Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have just updated a VLAN interface on my router. I have two 6500's with GLBP configured. The particular interface had a primary and secondary IP address. I shutdown the interface on one router and deleted the secondary address then assigned the ori...

a17j13j05 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are having an odd occurance happening to our 3750x stacks. For no apperent reason ports will become unusable. Doing a shut/no shut on the ports has no effect. The weird thing is that the indicator lights will stay solid green even if there is noth...

Can anyone tell me what the little green/red light is on the back upper left corner of the switch is?  It inside a little mesh and I belive it says vt_fail next to it.Had water get on our switch over the weekend(dont ask, punch kittens) and this guy ...

We have about 30 SRW224G4P switches throughout our network(each one located at remote site) and we have been having problems with these locking up.  Normal symptoms are; I can ping the switch but cannot get to the login promot via telnet, ssh, or web...