Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3650 Crash After Removing WCCP configuration

randms2610
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using Cisco 3650 ios-xe 03.07.03E 

After mistakenly remove WCCP on the global config without removing the redirection command on the interface level, I got the error "The WCCP service is now disabled but remains configured on at least one interface" and then a few seconds later the switch crash and restarted.

In my next attempt I had a typo (yeah, bad luck me) while trying to execute the "no ip wccp 0 redirect in" under interface level, what I typed was "no ip wccp 0 redirec tin", somehow the switch accepts it as I was executing "no ip wccp 0" on global config, I got the error "The WCCP service is now disabled but remains configured on at least one interface" again.... then it crash again and restarted.

A few days later, the switch suddenly restarts itself and always restarting every few hours and the reload reason always saying power failure, I have tried changing the power source and power module to make sure but it is still having the same behavior - it can't be a power failure because other devices plugged in on the same power source never experienced this issue - this made me think that the reload reason was invalid and I guess it is really an invalid reason as stated in Cisco Bug: CSCux58649 (https://supportforums.cisco.com/node/add/discussion?og_group_ref=6016)

This leads me to think that the switch is actually crashing every few hours - and wondering if the first few crashes is the trigger.

I'd like to know what can I check to confirm this, or some workaround before I'm opening case with TAC. 

Please advise. Thanks.

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- First approach might be to upgrade (or sometimes downgrade) to a ios-xe gold-starred release for this platform.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card