Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3750 Stack - High Memory Utilisation

Jason Nash
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a new cisco 3750 stack comprised of 8 members (6 x 3750G-48PS and 2 x 3750V2-48PS) running 'c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.122-58.SE2.bin'. I am seeing high memory utilisation, it seems to sit fairly stable and I do not see an increase but this has only been running a few days. No errors or performance issues. Should this be a cause for concern?

Attached a show processor memory output.

Any advice welcome...

Jason

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wow.  8 switches in a stack.  That's not "best practices".  I would start breaking a stack into two if there is ever 6 and more switches in a stack.

Thanks. I am considering this although Cisco docs state up to 9 switches in a single stack. Is there any documentation around keeping this to 6?

The 3750 can stack up to 9 switches.  There were cases in my experience that stacking 6 and more can cause some heart-stopping issues.  The most common issue I encountered is when I would issue an "interface range" command that spanned multiple switch chassis and then I get lag that gives you the impression that the stack (or parts of the stack) has crashed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card