Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO 3750 Stacking

KESHAV METHI
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are using CISCO 3750 series switches( total 3 WS-C3750X-48P). Can we use "Cisco StackWise Plus Technology" to connect all three switches considering that the 3rd switch is located at around 150m from the other two switch?

6 Replies 6

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

No, there is no stacking cable that is 150 Meters long.

HTH

Hi,

What option do I have to interconnect the 3 switches? Do I need core/distributio to connect them?

Regards,

Keshav Methi

Hi,

If you have the budget, yes get a switch to provide distro/core function and uplink all the 3750s to it.  If not, you can daisy chain the 3750s together.

HTH

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

What option do I have to interconnect the 3 switches? Do I need core/distributio to connect them?

One option would be to use fiber.  You'll need one of the SPF option modules for the 3750-Xs.  Don't need core/distribution but if you have that already, and it's within copper distance, that would be another option.

BTW, the 3rd switch would not be part of the stack when unable to use the stack cables.

crdusainc
Level 1
Level 1

The connection is inside or outside?

If its outside maybe you can consider a wireless link.

Regards,

Hernan

We also want to hav WAN connectivity to these switches. Kindly advise how the WAN routers can be connected to the switches?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card