Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3750

kamrannaseem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Does any one know if Cisco 3750 supports 122-58.SE2 release.

complete model no is: WS-C3750-48P

any help will be much appriciated

many thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok, you've just mentioned the magic word, 802.1x.

In this case, I would highly recommend 12.2(55)SE8 if you have 802.1x.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Are you sure there is nothing after the "P"?  Is this a Gb switch or Fast Ethernet switch? It looks like if this is a 3750G it will work, but I'm not seeing where you can use it on the 3750 (100Mb).

If this posts answers your question or is helpful, please consider rating it and/or marking as answered.

If this posts answers your question or is helpful, please consider rating it and/or marking as answered.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Kamran,

Does your switch have 16 mb of flash?  If the answer is YES, then you CANNOT fit 12.2(58)SE or 15.0.

The highest IOS you can load into a 16 mb flash of a 3560/3750 is 12.2(55)SE8.

This fact is stated in the Release Notes link posted by Christopher.

Hi,

Christopher: Unfortunatly its a Fast Ethernet switch.

Leo: Is there any slolution to that I mean if its easy to upgrade flash to 32 MB.

many many thanks guys.

Leo: Is there any slolution to that I mean if its easy to upgrade flash to 32 MB.

No.  There is NO other way.

If your switch is a FastEthernet-variety of 3750 then I'm 100% sure you only have 16 mb of flash.

Can you please inform us why it's so critical for you to go to the very-buggy 12.2(58)SE?  Exactly what feature, in 12.2(58)SE, are you looking for?

Hi Leo,

Yes the switch has 16 MB of flash.

Its because they are implementing IP Telephony and therefore we need to upgrade the IOS on our switches,

you recon its not a good to upgrade to 12.2(58) ?

many many thanks Leo.

you recon its not a good to upgrade to 12.2(58) ?

The only IOS versions I will recommend is 12.2(55)SE8 and 15.0(2)SE4.

Its because they are implementing IP Telephony and therefore we need to upgrade the IOS on our switches,

No, this is misleading.  All IOS versions will support IP Telephony command "switchport voice vlan XXX".

Hi Leo,

Sorry the reason they want to upgrade are.

1. The IOS version they are using at the moment is very old which is 12.2(35)SE5.

2. Another reason is related to some issues with 802.1x  which I am not sure.

They are running mix of 3750 and 3750G and 6500 series core switch, so what do u recomend in this scenario?

many many thanks Leo.

If my opinion counts:

1.  Replace the older FE switches with 3750G, or depending on your topology, something in the 2960 series if all you need is layer 2.

2. Depending on how many 3750 FE switches you have, you might be able to use port-security techniques to satisfy your security requirements.  If there are just a few of them, you can lock the ports down by MAC address.  Obviously if there are a lot of these it's not going to be pratical.  Think of it like an old school "static" 802.1x solution I guess.  Below is a good article for port-security, most if not all of this should work on your FE switches I think.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SX/configuration/guide/port_sec.html#wp1057168

Ok, you've just mentioned the magic word, 802.1x.

In this case, I would highly recommend 12.2(55)SE8 if you have 802.1x.

Hi,

Thank you Leo and Christopher.

Thanks for your time.

Best regards.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card