Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3750G wireless controller

Hi all,

Recently acquired a Catalyst 3750G 48TS-S. We are planning to use this for it's integrated wireless controller. 

I ended up getting the firmware updated and was able to get into the express setup, but I don't see any options for configuring the wireless controller as is display in many of the screenshots that I've seen in the configuration guides.

The firmware I've loaded onto the switch is Version 15.0(2)SE11, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)

Is this IOS version compatible with the integrated wireless controller? Is this switch (3750G 48TS-S) a switch that came integrated with a wireless controller?

Any information would be very much welcomed. Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
That particular model doesn't have an integrated wireless.
You need to find a model with a "W" in the SKU.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

marce1000
VIP
VIP

Check Appendix A from the following link :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12-2_35_se/configuration/guide/scg.pdf

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thank you marce1000 for your response. I have seen that document and I don't think that really answers any of my questions.

When I enter the show platform wireless-controller commaned from privileged EXEC mode, I get nothing back. Just a carriage return and a Switch# prompt

It seems there may be no actual software loaded for the wireless controller?

I might be wrong on this but I thought that there was a different model number for the ones that had the integrated controller. The model you specify looks to me like a regular lan switch only. Again, I am not sure but that's what I would look at.

I agree, but I can't find any definitive information as to which models definitely come with the integrated wireless controller. Hopefully someone can chime in here and let me know! Thanks.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
That particular model doesn't have an integrated wireless.
You need to find a model with a "W" in the SKU.

The SKU for my product, according to the retailer, is: WS-C3750G-48TS-S-R

I see a "W" there in the beginning. Shouldn't that indicate the integrated wireless controller?

Got it, thanks.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card