Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3750v2 Stack Config Problem.

joelbrenchley11
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am very new to cisco switches, and recently received a few cisco 3750v2-48p-s switches which I have been messing around with. I have one switch in particular which I have updated the IOS on and am configuring, however, it has a problem, the switch seems to be part of a stack. When I press the mode button on the switch and select stack the port 4 led blinks, and the gigabit ports 3 and 4 are amber. When I am configuring ports I must address them with a 4 at the beginning, like this FastEthernet4/x/x. Since I have deleted all previous configuration files I would believe it shouldn't still have a stack config. Is there an easy command I am missing?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

julian.bendix
Level 3
Level 3

Hey!

Yeah seems like this switch is provisioned to be stack member number 4 of a given stack.

Just renumber the switch's stack member number to 1 using this command in config mode:

switch 4 renumber 1

Unfortunately you need to save the config and reload the switch for it to take effect..

For more info, you can read this:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-3750-series-switches/71925-cat3750-create-switch-stks.html

Let me know what you think.

Julian

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

julian.bendix
Level 3
Level 3

Hey!

Yeah seems like this switch is provisioned to be stack member number 4 of a given stack.

Just renumber the switch's stack member number to 1 using this command in config mode:

switch 4 renumber 1

Unfortunately you need to save the config and reload the switch for it to take effect..

For more info, you can read this:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-3750-series-switches/71925-cat3750-create-switch-stks.html

Let me know what you think.

Julian

Thanks for the quick reply, it worked great.

Great to hear!

Best regards
Juls

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card