Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3750v2 Stack Config Problem.

joelbrenchley11
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am very new to cisco switches, and recently received a few cisco 3750v2-48p-s switches which I have been messing around with. I have one switch in particular which I have updated the IOS on and am configuring, however, it has a problem, the switch seems to be part of a stack. When I press the mode button on the switch and select stack the port 4 led blinks, and the gigabit ports 3 and 4 are amber. When I am configuring ports I must address them with a 4 at the beginning, like this FastEthernet4/x/x. Since I have deleted all previous configuration files I would believe it shouldn't still have a stack config. Is there an easy command I am missing?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

julian.bendix
Level 3
Level 3

Hey!

Yeah seems like this switch is provisioned to be stack member number 4 of a given stack.

Just renumber the switch's stack member number to 1 using this command in config mode:

switch 4 renumber 1

Unfortunately you need to save the config and reload the switch for it to take effect..

For more info, you can read this:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-3750-series-switches/71925-cat3750-create-switch-stks.html

Let me know what you think.

Julian

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

julian.bendix
Level 3
Level 3

Hey!

Yeah seems like this switch is provisioned to be stack member number 4 of a given stack.

Just renumber the switch's stack member number to 1 using this command in config mode:

switch 4 renumber 1

Unfortunately you need to save the config and reload the switch for it to take effect..

For more info, you can read this:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-3750-series-switches/71925-cat3750-create-switch-stks.html

Let me know what you think.

Julian

Thanks for the quick reply, it worked great.

Great to hear!

Best regards
Juls

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card