Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3850 Output Errors

mspdog22
Level 1
Level 1

Hello 

We are running Cisco 3850-48P-L in our network and facing issues with output errors. We are using these switches in a Service provider network for a large MDU install and offering the MDU a 1 gig plan. When we run a speed test on the switch we can only see about 540 mbps download and 940 mbps upload. I am not worried about the upload speed as 940 is a good number witch you have to take in that ethernet has overhead factored in. When we look at the interface we are seeing tons of output errors on the switch ports. 

Our software ver is 16.09.08 

We have also ran the command 

qos queue-softmax-multiplier 1200

From what i have been reading up on is this command should take care of the issue but it is not working. 

you

Thanks for any help you can provide. 

2 Replies 2

qos queue-softmax-multiplier 400 <<- this value need to 400 not 1200 for SW C3k series 

MHM

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check cable and or cabling for the involved interfaces ; also have a look at 
      https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-3850-series-switches/200594-Catalyst-3850-Troubleshooting-Output-dr.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card