Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3925 compact flash

hauboonhock
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Existing my company having a Cisco ISR3925 but i have no access on to the router due to the previous administrator do not left any login credential. I am thinking to get another loan unit and take out the compact flash from the existing 3925 and install into the loan unit ISR3925 to get access into the config..Is it possible? I just want to view the existing router config..By the way, is the compact flash support hot swap?As my existing ISR3925 cant be power off and must maintain the routing traffic. 

Regards,

Ziv

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i would not recomend to open the hardware, until there no option available for you. opening the kit may void warranty.

reset the password and reciver the config.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/routers/2600-series-multiservice-platforms/22188-pswdrec-2600.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi,

I have no option and must take out the compact flash card. The router have no warranty to cover. By the way, is my way workable? To take out the compact flash from existing router and load into the loan unit?just to view the config. 

Regards,

Zivhau

the only way i would recommend is to announce a maintanence window and do a proper password recovery to get a new password / access to the config ...

with some practice the whole process including reboot etc takes like 15-20 minutes IMO...

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1.  Eject the CF; 

2.  Look for a multi-card reader; 

3.  Open the starup-config and edit the password; 

[OPTIONAL]  Take a copy of the old config;

4.  Insert the CF back to the router; and 

5.  Reboot the router. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card