cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3945 Router - FATAL ERROR: ERR_DDR_DQSOFFCAL

Mikel Ward
Level 1
Level 1

We have a 3945E router which had been isolated from the network due to recabling (but not powered down) for a few weeks. When it was reconnected to the network the links did not come up and the router did not respond to console requests (not recognized at all / no output). It was decided to power cycle the router, this caused a single line to appear on the console-   "FATAL ERROR: ERR_DDR_DQSOFFCAL"  there is no further visible attempt to boot and no other response or indication. An additional power cycle yielded the identical result. All port indicator lights on the router are off. I could not find this fault or anything remotely similar on this forum or Google. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello.

I believe, you need to open the box and reseat your DRAM module.

If it doesn't help, try RAM module from other device.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hello.

I believe, you need to open the box and reseat your DRAM module.

If it doesn't help, try RAM module from other device.

Hello Vasilii,

Reseating the DRAM was out thought as well, and it did solve the issue (well that or reseating the PVMD, because we did them all together). However I was hoping someone had seen the error before or could explain it. Thanks, Mike

Hello.

The problems has been seen before and the [official] solution is to reseat the RAM module.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card