Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 4451 Router Power Consuption

Hi,

I trying to find some detailed power consumption information on different configurations of the Cisco 4451 Router. I tried to call the support phone number but was referred here. I have the power rating for a the power supply but I am certain we will never fully tax it under normal operations. We are also using the dual power supplies and are currently calculating them both at their max power. If the information is not currently available I have a digital power analyzer and could test it myself, but was wondering if you have any recommendations on how to put a load on the ports and different installed modules to get an accurate load on the power supply? It may be more helpful to converse over the phone or email rather than waiting for replies on this forum. Please fell free to email at trent.a.milligan@l-3com.com so we can talk further.

Thanks,

Trent

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

The max power draw on the 4451 router is 450 watts.  See table-5 in this link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/4000-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/datasheet-c78-732542.html

HTH

As stated in my previous post I already have the max power. When the router has the redundant power supply is it still 450 watts? I'm sure 450 watts is a pretty conservative number

Not to complicate your question, but I did find another Cisco webpage that quotes the max power for the 4451 Router as 320 Watts.  I have not heard from my Cisco "

Business partner regarding the conflict in documentation.  The link is below

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/4400/hardware/installation/guide4400-4300/C4400_isr/Overview.html

Hardware Installation Guide for Cisco 4000 Series Integrated Services Routers - Overview of the Cisco 4000 Series ISRs [Cisco 4000 Series Integrated Services Routers] - Cisco

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card