Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 867w Router config issues

cityfibre
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I am trying to set up the Cisco 867w ISR router but am having many issues with this device. Firstly, the ATM0 port was not recognised. After raising a support call with Cisco and an IOS upgrade to IOS 15.1 this has now been resolved.

Now I can't configure the WiFi properly on the Cisco Configguration Professional application, and the software does not recognise the ADVSecurity certificate so I can't configure VLAN's either. The Cisco Security Device Manager software does not recognise the router pre or post IOS upgrade, so i am assuming that the router is not compatible with this software?

If somebody has a running configuration on this device with the same IOS version, i would very much like a copy of the config to see if it sorts the issues that I am having. Or any other ideas I would welcome.

Thank you in advance.

2 Replies 2

jimw25
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Craig,

I think you should probably get the license issue sorted first before you put any config on the router.....

Have you telnet/ console onto the router and run 'show ver' command to see whether the router is using the license or not? Output should be similar to the following:

License Information for 'c880-data'

License Level: advipservices   Type: Permanent

Next reboot license Level: advipservices

If it isn't showing the correct license, try re-installing it again. I have had problems with these before when I have entered the info into Cisco's license generator website incorrectly! When installing from CLI with the license in flash, command is 'license install flash:/ and, if successful, the router will tell you or it will give you an error if the license is wrong.

Regarding the wireless config, I also have problems trying to programme from CCP so have given up and use the CLI. On the 8xx ISR routers, you need to switch to the Wireless config mode before doing any programming though. Issuing a 'service-module wlan-ap 0 session' should get you into it and then 'show run' etc will show all current wireless config. There are Wireless config guides available from Cisco product documentation for the 8xx series routers.

Hope this helps

Jim

Thanks for this Jim. I will give it a go. I also had a case open with Cisco and they have confirmed that this issue has been experienced elsewhere on teh same hardware after the same upgrade. Apparrently the CCP software v2.5 does not work well with this device and downgrading to v2.4 resolves these issues.

I will give this a go and update this ticket.

Craig.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card