cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9500 showing additonal ports after upgrade

cae_technology
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco C9500-24Q upgrading stack from 16.6.04 to 16.12.04. The upgrades have been a success – everything is working fine, however following the upgrade I have acquired 192 tengiga ports in the interface list that weren’t there before (96 on each switch). I’m sure this is a cosmetic thing – I don’t have anything plugged in which would add 96 extra ports per switch, and the 24 ports I expect are still there and functioning. Reviewed current bugs anyone has seen this before?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Those are "place holder" ports. 

Some of the ports of the 24Q are multi-personality:  24 x 40 Gbps ports or 96 x 10 Gbps ports.

View solution in original post

However, this has never shown before is it an enhancement feature?

It appears to be so. It seems like the new IOS breaks down the 40Gig ports to multiple 10Gigs (24x4=96) without needing to do it manually.

HTH

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Those are "place holder" ports. 

Some of the ports of the 24Q are multi-personality:  24 x 40 Gbps ports or 96 x 10 Gbps ports.

Thank you Leo, so its not a cosmetic issue but expected. However, this has never shown before is it an enhancement feature?

However, this has never shown before is it an enhancement feature?

It appears to be so. It seems like the new IOS breaks down the 40Gig ports to multiple 10Gigs (24x4=96) without needing to do it manually.

HTH

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

you notice 16.12.x upgrade, cisco may planning something, but you can ignore it. -if this is not effecting.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card