cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACI mode vs NX-OS Mode

olgu arabaci
Level 1
Level 1

When i was looking for Cisco Nexus 9k series model switch, it was mentioned 2 types of mode. One of them is ACI mode and the other one is NX-OS mode. I searched smth about them but I couldn't find any utility information. So is there anyone to explain what is the difference between them?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

ACI mode indeed has different features, it is used for more complex deployments. You need an ACI software image, which is dfferent than the NX image.

What kind of network are you trying to deploy ?

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

So can we say ACI mode has much more feature than NX-OS mode? Do you know is there any expense difference between modes? Because it should be a cause why Cisco seperate them. 

Hello,

ACI mode indeed has different features, it is used for more complex deployments. You need an ACI software image, which is dfferent than the NX image.

What kind of network are you trying to deploy ?

I'm in a new company and just learning 9ks... How do I tell which mode they're in?

Cisco NX-OS filenames begin with "n9000" while ACI filenames begin with "aci-n9000."

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card