Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO ASR920 abnormal behavior

Hi All,

Need your support for the below case, while doing new connectivity on CISCO ASR920 I observed an abnormal behavior like

1- New fiber cable connected to one port and physically it is showing up and green but when i login to the router i found the interface status still showing down... SFP changed still no change

2- Another port was up and green but no traffic on that port so we removed the cable and SFP then we checked the interface status still showing up.. we shut and no shut the interface then the interface status changed to Down

3- We did a direct loop on the interface but the interface status still showing down

as per the above deferent scenario we want to figure out the root cause for the abnormal behavior. this is due to [ hanging issue, software upgrade or license issue...]

below is the router information 

Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 03.16.02a.S - Extended Support Release
Cisco IOS Software, ASR920 Software (PPC_LINUX_IOSD-UNIVERSALK9_NPE-M), Version 15.5(3)S2a, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

cisco ASR-920-24SZ-M (Freescale P2020) processor (revision 1.2 GHz) with 909833K/6147K bytes of memory.
Processor board ID CAT2140V08Z
24 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces
4 Ten Gigabit Ethernet interfaces

19 Replies 19

- Dont forget to check for recent software version, apply and test.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello,

what is the uptime of the router ? Can you post the output of 'sh ver' ? I looked around, it seems that this is a common issue when ASR9xx routers have an uptime of >2 years. A reboot might be able to resolve this issue...

yes, since long time "4 Years"

Router uptime is 4 years, 10 weeks, 1 day, 4 hours, 24 minutes
Uptime for this control processor is 4 years, 10 weeks, 1 day, 4 hours, 26 minutes
System returned to ROM by reload
System restarted at 12:46:14 UTC Wed Jun 27 2018

https://lists.archive.carbon60.com/cisco/nsp/192171
I think this is bug 
check link 
the keyword is 
 iomd: Transceiver module removed from GigabitEthernet0/0/15
it seem that the transceiver is remove and you never touch it. 

Thanks for that hint. I have observed a similar behavior with asr903 but ios 16.9 .

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card