Cisco C350 does not clear ARP when failover occurs

cisco_eng_1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Topology:

LAN -- >Switch_1 -- > FW_1 -- > C350_1 --> Velo Cloud_1 --> WAN

LAN -- >Switch_2 -- > FW_2 -- > C350_2--> Velo Cloud_1 --> WAN

We have a pair of C350's with a clustered pair of A/A Velo cloud devices configured on the north facing side and a clustered pair of A/P firewalls on the south facing side. 

The issue we are facing is that when either of the clusters fail over, the c350's maintain the old mac until a manual intervention takes place (e.g., reboot C350). We do not see the same behaviour with our C1000 switches in identical configuration.

Has anyone come across this issue?

Thanks

Cisco_guy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

tough one...as far as I recall, the 350 switches have only a limited set of commands available. I think you can change the mac-address table aging time to something like 10 seconds, that would cause the entries to age out within that amount of time.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Not familiar with the C350 series, but if they are stacked, can you check and see if this command is configured?

stack-mac persistent timer 0

HTH

Hello,

tough one...as far as I recall, the 350 switches have only a limited set of commands available. I think you can change the mac-address table aging time to something like 10 seconds, that would cause the entries to age out within that amount of time.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card