cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco C9300 Network Module

fredavuchi
Level 1
Level 1

So I bought a C9300-24UX-A for my homelab (not new). It came with a C9300-NM-4G and I also bought a C9300-NM-2Y (dual sfp28) however I cannot get either module to show up in suing "show inventory" and the 25gb module does not ever get a link with the network card.

Anyone have some troubleshooting steps before I ask the seller for a replacement to try getting it working?

I have tried updating the IOS version to latest and latest recommended and neither work, power cycling, inserting/reinserting to no avail so far.

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Personally installed many modules NM-2Y  I have not come across any issue.

Make sure the Modules correctly inserted and not wrong threaded - which causes the socket broken.

Turn Off the switch  - Remove the Module and re-insert again, connect console and post complete boot log for us to review.

based on that information - it straight forward installation module . until hardware gone failed.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Some modules types can have a status led , so that an OK status (green e.g.) can be observed when a  module is inserted (as stated not always available)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

liviu.gheorghe
Spotlight
Spotlight

Connect to your switch via the console port, or telnet/ssh into it and issue the enable command terminal monitor to see log messages, and insert the module. Is there any messages that are displayed by the switch in the terminal? Share them here.

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card